Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aroma therapy

1. As soon as I open the jar of tea, the aroma wafts through. And then when the tea is boiling on the stove, the vapours have a richer smell. I wonder if tea would be so popular sans the aroma.
2. I don't have any jackets which I can carry along to Kashmir and am wondering, rather reluctantly I must add since I know they will have a limited use here in Pune, whether to buy one. I mention this to Arminder, and she pooh poohs the idea of buying. Instead, she lends me a couple of her rather smart ones.
3. I'm rather high strung all day and need something to soothe my nerves a bit. The first thing that comes to mind is a compilation of instrumental music by Bhaskar Chandavarkar, called Fire. Each piece is about 6 minutes long and all one needs to do is sit quietly, close one's eyes and listen, blocking away distraction. The music is so potent, one sees fire in it's various forms - sometimes it's just a flame, at another the Agni in a yagya. At one time it's a swarm of playful fireflies and the later, a raging forest fire.

No comments: