Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Extra time, that's done and f(e)ast

  1. Getting up just half an hour earlier makes such a difference to my day. I get the time to take a bath and get ready for office before the driving class. So I'm ready really early, and even though I take the time out to visit Kaka and drop a package at his place, I'm still earlier than I usually am in office...
  2. Getting 90% ticks on my To Do list :-)
  3. The cook has washed the sabudana (sago) for making khichdi tomorrow. I think nothing of it till mum mentions that its MahaShivratri tomorrow and asks me if I'm going to observe a fast (for the uninitiated, our fasts are not really fasts. Far from it! We're allowed certain foods, and we turn them into feasts!). That's when the sabudana khichdi suddenly clicks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! You were earlier by 30 minutes today, and with a wee sacrifice, it will be 45 tomorrow, and 60 the next day and so on...and then, when you reach a comfortable state before stretching yourself too much - you'll see the early morning sun, dewdrops...and yeah, the air is definitely freshest early in the morning. (A little tip here: Do not completely draw the curtains in your bedroom...leave it a little open, so you have the first rays of the sun waking you up... :-) )

I am, yet again, proud of you :-)

Rashmi said...

:-) Alright.. now don't start egging me to reach office at 7:30 in the morning! If I CAN get myself to wake up that early, I'll start exercising... But yeah, the morning air is the freshest, and nothing wakes one up like being out in the morning...