Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pending light is long wanted in Bombay meri Jaan :)

Shopping time. I have no idea why am I being so happy about it. Maybe, thats what this blog is all about.

1. Finally there is light !

Yes... I bought a table lamp finally. This happens to be one of the absolute necessary things in my life. My US experience has been so different in so many ways. Not all of them have been rocking. Not having a bed side lamp was one of the basic things missing from my life.

2. Pending no more...

There is so much personal and office work that I finished/planned. A sense of accomplishment really for a lazy bum like me.

3. Wanted

Everytime I talk to family and friends back in India- I feel so important and wanted. It is one of those rare occasions when it seems I am lucky to be alive and walk around with pride.

4. The Long Walk

I recommend this book to anybody who feels life has been unfair to them (even for a moment). SÅ‚awomir Rawicz, a Polish soldier who was arrested by Soviet occupation troops after the German-Soviet invasion of Poland. He and six others escaped and walked over 6500 km (4000 miles) south, through the Gobi desert, and over the Himalayas to India. I don't think I have even reached the part in the book, where the escape is planned. I am still in the parts where he is tortured by them after his arrest. The book's shock factor makes it a very interesting read.

5. 'Yeh Hai Bombay Meri Jaan'

What a playful and meaningful song ! I soooo love it :)

You will find the english translation on the youtube video.

Youtube Video



Aye dil hai mushkil jeena yahanZara hat ke zara bach ke, yeh hai Bombay meri jaanHa haa, ha ho ho, ho hi haa ha haaHm hm hm hm, hm hm hm , hm hm hm hm hmAye dil hai..
(Kahin building kahin traame, kahin motor kahin millMilta hai yahan sab kuchh ik milta nahin dil) Insaan ka nahin kahin naam-o-nishaanZara hat ke zara bach ke, yeh hai Bombay meri jaanAye dil hai..

(Kahin satta, kahin patta kahin chori kahin resKahin daaka, kahin phaaka kahin thokar kahin thes) Bekaaro ke hain kai kaam yahanZara hat ke zara bach ke, yeh hai Bombay meri jaanAye dil hai..
(Beghar ko aawara yahan kehte has hasKhud kaate gale sabke kahe isko business) Ik cheez ke hain kai naam yahanZara hat ke zara bach ke, yeh hai Bombay meri jaanAye dil hai..


(Bura duniya woh hai kehta aisa bhola tu na banJo hai karta woh hai bharta hai yahan ka yeh chalan) Tadbeer nahin chalne ki yahanYeh hai Bombay, yeh hai Bombay, yeh hai Bombay meri jaan
Aye dil hai mushkil jeena yahanZara hat ke zara bach ke, yeh hai Bombay meri jaan
Aye dil hai aasaa jeena yahanSuno mister, suno bandhu, yeh hai Bombay meri jaan
Aye dil hai mushkil jeena yahanZara hat ke zara bach ke, yeh hai Bombay meri jaan

No comments: