Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Danglers, gift of time and unexpected traffic cops

  1. Finally getting a chance to wear the pretty red danglers I got on one of my recent earring-shopping-spree. They have a very ethnic feel to them... and oh do they dangle!
  2. Being able to decide in the evening to go for movie, being able to book tickets online and being able to make it to the cinema hall in time. This wouldn't have been possible a few months ago.
  3. While on my way to the movie, I'm stuck in a bad mess of a traffic jam. After a few fruitless minutes, I notice there's some activity. A few enterprising individuals are trying to unentangle the traffic and I silently bless them. People seem to accept their authority. As I come closer to the square, I realise that I know some of them - they're colleagues from my old job and they come over to say hello even in that chaos, grinning like they're enjoying the madness...

2 comments:

Manjiri said...

Since you have the gift of time and I have the gift of space...So, together we can make a continuum...

churaya hai...from chandler...

Rashmi said...

Now that you mention it, I realize where the phrase 'gift of time' comes from... its from FRIENDS... When Emily is moving in with Ross after the mess, she wants him to move to a place which is far away from his friends as well as his workplace... he's going to have to travel for long hours on the train... that is when he says this...