Monday, June 02, 2008

Significant mean brick has an earnest wish!

The last one month has been a 'methodically social' month. I was meeting my old friends and doing stuff... every week.

1. Brick of significance

Memorial day weekend led us to an old and proud place - Boston. It was nice to see the old brick walls commanding significance among the modern glass walls of downtown.

2. The Importance of being Earnest!

I a happened to see the famous Oscar Wilde play at the The Lyric Stage in Boston. It was really well done.

3. Movie time!

Watching movies over the weekend- with no one to please or explain.

4. Mean Streets

An early martin Scorsese movie. The most impressive (as usual) is the character development. The characters of Johnny Boy and Charlie played by De Niro and Harvey Keitel are brilliant. A wise and emotional Charlie tries to help his nut case friend, but it he is too irresponsible for that. There are some technical flaws in the direction, sound and camera work but all that is in execution not in the idea. These ideas will be perfected by him in his later movies and would become his trademark style. What is also a very good turn about his movies is his taste in music. I think that hasn't changed over the years.

This also one of Di Niro's early movies and I shall again repeat for the 'millionth' time - he is Wow!

5. Wishlist

A song from my Favorite band and also one of my favorite albums- Yield. I think this was the third Pearl Jam album I had bought. The lyrics are simple and powerful and so is the music- just the way I like it. Wow listening to the guitar takes me 7 years back. I have been a huge fan since then. No other band can take its place. My first love in rock music :-)

Youtube Studio version Video

I wish I was a neutron bomb for once I could go off
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on
The Christmas tree I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence I wish I was the grounds
For 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky

I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
I wish I was as fortunate as fortunate as me
I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good
I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood

I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on
I wish I was the verb 'to trust' and never let you down

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
I wish...
I wish...

No comments: