Friday, July 20, 2007

Maroon, yellow and black

  1. My mehendi (and indeed, every one else's too) has coloured a beautiful maroon, rich and smooth. And now that the henna paste has dried and fallen off, it smells different - more earthy and heady, more a part of me. The way the mehendi's colour changes from a pale red to a rich dark red when the henna has been removed, is amazing...
  2. The groom - Anup takes the haldi ceremony very sportingly, even though all of us go wild and literally smear him with the turmeric paste. I'm secretly thankful when I see that he has managed to get all the yellow colour off before the evening ceremony, or Meenal would've killed us!
  3. I finally wear the black silk saree with the maroon n copper border I bought last year - it had been lying untouched all this while. Mom's garnet necklace goes with it perfectly... and as someone remarked just today - there's no pleasure like wearing your mom's jewellery!

1 comment:

Manjiri said...

Growing up, I wished that if I ever wore a saree I would be able to wear it as gracefully as my Ma. I wish I would have the same taste that she has when it comes to choosing saree designs and patterns. I look at my Saree wardrobe and I am glad that most of my sarees are like the ones my Ma has. And so is most of my jewellery....

Good to see you back...After a long time... :)