Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sitting insured by the rains

There are some says - where nothing really happens and you are so happy about that. Today was one such day.


1. Sit down and try to look active

That's all I did today :)


2. I am insured

After days of follow up I get my long due insurance card. Thank God I can now fall sick and be relieved about it.

3. The Rain Song

The music, the progression, the lyrics...gets me thinking... really good song. Led Zeppelin is synonymous with greatness. Plant thought it was his best vocal performance. I don't know about that... I am not qualified to put him on any scale. I don't think anybody is, except he himself maybe. It is a love ballad and George Harrison supposedly had asked them why they don't write any ballads. It is believed to be the inspiration behind this song. You don't have to be a rock music lover to love this song. Just listen to it. It is pure genius !

Live YouTube
Studio Version

It is the springtime of my loving - the second season I am to know
You are the sunlight in my growing - so little warmth I've felt before.
It isn't hard to feel me glowing - I watched the fire that grew so low.

It is the summer of my smiles - flee from me Keepers of the Gloom.
Speak to me only with your eyes. It is to you I give this tune.
Ain't so hard to recognize - These things are clear to all from
time to time.

Talk Talk - I've felt the coldness of my winter
I never thought it would ever go. I cursed the gloom that set upon us...
But I know that I love you so

These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fall
This is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.
This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall...It's just a little rain...

No comments: