Thursday, December 27, 2007

Beep Beep...Back again!

Hopefully the problems have been cured permanently. BTs over the past few days as I start again...

1. I sleep and I rest and then I sleep before resting again... :)

That's how the past few days have been. Laziness has never been so beautiful. She is actually dancing all around me. I don't know when was the last time I have been so lazy. Is it Christmas or is it just me or just is the year end (just rolling over to the next some how).

2. Weather God had mercy (and I missed it yet again!)

For the past few days it has been a pleasant weather. I know I haven't seen very much of it, but whatever I have - has been good.

3. Boxing Day

Ind-Aus series started on the boxing day. I have been waiting for it for a long time. Too many articles have been read, millions of interviews have been viewed and countless ultra-intellectual verbal battles have been fought. Action time now, Boys! Get on with it...

4. My own very solitude

After frantic schedules of traveling, meeting people, taking pictures, recording amusing tit bits... finally some time alone. Which has led to some sole (oops Soul) searching. It is yet to come of any use but the process has started. Trying to even out the edges which have popped out lately...

5. Old Friends

This is one of the most expressive songs I have come across. Listening to it - is like watching a movie. The words come so naturally- so simple and deep. A real good feeling, comes inside- heals you, protects you and leaves you happy and wanting.

Their harmony is just perfect. The voices appear to have been made to give each other company. Would you believe - they have acted together in 'Alice in wonderland' and their formed their first group and called it - 'Tom and Jerry'!!!

Rolling Stones magazine ranked Simon & Garfunkel at No 40, on their list of 100 greatest artists of all time.

The last paragraph of the song - is strangely rarely found on the internet lyrics websites.




YouTube Video


Old friends,
Old friends
Sat on their park bench
Like bookends.
A newspaper blown though the grass
Falls on the round toes
Of the high shoes
Of the old friends.

Old friends,
Winter companions,
The old men
Lost in their overcoats,
Waiting for the sunset.
The sounds of the city,
Sifting through trees,
Settle like dust
On the shoulders
Of the old friends.

Can you imagine us
Years from today,
Sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange
To be seventy.
Old friends,
Memory brushes the same years
Silently sharing the same fears
Time it was
And what a time it was,
It was
A time of innocence
A time of confidences,
Long ago it must be
I have a photograph,
Preserve your memories
They're all that's left you

No comments: