Monday, December 31, 2007

The End

It is 2008, well almost. It is 2008 back home though. Funny situation! The time lag never seemed so big. A complete year crossed over in it!

1. Sarvana Bhavan

An authentic Chennai restaurant. This is the best Desi food I have had here. We actually changed trains, walk a few miles - to reach there. The food is fresh and tasty!!!

2. Madam Tussauds

I don't need to say anything about this. Lots of 'explicit' poses and pictures happened :-)

3. The Bucket List

A very simple - amazingly acted out and scripted movie! Nothing 'great', but definitely good enough.

4. War Pigs

I don't know what fascinated me the most- the broken rhythm, the deep heavy bass, Iommi's thundering (literally thundering) riffs, Ozzy's haunting voice or just marvel the composition. I heard it for the first time on 'The Ozzman Cometh'. It was not the version released originally - but that's the best. It is called the Basement Tapes, as far as I remember. I used to listen to it again and again and again- all the time sometime in 2nd year of my engineering. My mom, neighbors, their children - were convinced on one thing. I may not be crazy all the time, but at that point in time (the song going on a repeat frenzy for hours)- I definitely was crazy.

Me and Dixit (my roomie) got hooked on to heavy metal by an album called 'Nativity in Black - Tribute to Black Sabbath'. Those days we were experimenting with music - 'If you cross my path I'll make sure you feel my wrath'...kind of times.

The lyrics are anti war, one of black Sabbath's best. If you ask me now - well I don't identify with them as much as I used to. But, yes as far as this song is concerned - Wow! same old feeling. Going into a repeat mode.

38 years after it was released - it is like a foundation stone for heavy metal. Well respected and followed and copied.

\m/ \m/

YouTube live video



Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of deaths construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of God has sturck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
All right now!

No comments: