Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Jab we met, hepy nu eeyaar and lets hunt 'em down

Wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year, filled with peace and a lot of beautiful things... Here's to another chance to get it right :-) Cheers!
  1. Jab We Met. Its a fresh breath of air.
  2. I'm on the phone when my maid walks up to me, her hand stretched out for a shake... I'm a little confused by the gesture (a handshake from my maid is the last thing I expect on earth...) She's come to wish me a happy new year, and does it in English, while I greet her with the traditional marathi greeting! She can't read or write, so the pride having gotten the 'hepy nu eeyaar' right in ingraji shows on her face.
  3. I'm a little frustrated at the end of the day, and I sit with the post window open, trying to figure out the day's 3BT. They just don't come. Tanmoy's online, and he says, lets look for them together... he finds me more that three, but none of them compare to his gesture..

1 comment:

Clare said...

Happy New Year to you as well!

I love the one about getting help with 3BT -- sometimes I think I should do that, too.