Wednesday, January 09, 2008

No interest in going back over the hills

Today was the 'going back' day. I revisited cooking and academics which seemed so interesting long back.

1. Moving forward back in time!

If some one told me in my MBA - that I would be working on a variety of finance topics with majority of time on Portfolio management related stuff, I would have said - 'Oh that should be interesting!'. And now when - I am supposed to do exactly that and for that I need to revisit all the academic routines - it seems so tough. But it was fun in a weird sense - I got all nostalgic about those competitive classrooms and the kind of rivalry we used to have amongst friends.

2. Renewal of the cooking account

Finally after days and probably a week of eating 'ready to eat' stuff- we are back to cooking healthy food again! Feels good to be back.


3. Over The Hills And Far Away

I will change the trend a bit in terms of the music 'supply'. I decided to write and refer to music, which is new to me. We will go back to the original format later.

No don't even think about Nightwish - this is not about them. This song is by one of the biggest and most influential bands to have lived on the planet - Led Zeppelin.

No I am not going to write about Kashmir or Whole lotta Love or Stairway to heaven or Song remains the same or... Immigrant song ... or....ok let me just stop and say - I put them at my fav. spot along with Pearl Jam (no still don't intend to compare Floyd here - they are not for comparison).

I must say you will rarely find so many influences in a single band - folk, funk, soul, blues, jazz, reggae .. you name it and they have it. On top of all of this - they managed to keep it hard hitting and rocking. Really creative... Plant used to live, feel, breathe, touch, die... in each of the songs and that's why I love Veddar or Chris Martin or Yorke. They have this quality of getting lost in the song.

This is a relatively a very simple (just the lyrics) and refreshing song - which I had not heard a lot of times. This is actually a radio classic and not a pub or bar favorite - if you know the difference. 6 string acoustic to start with - totally melodious and wow what a crescendo ... to give it a Led Zepp flavor.

I am sure even a non Led Zepp lover will fall in love with it. Well that's the key to radio classics ;-)

YouTube Video
Live in Seattle




Hey lady--you got the love I need
Maybe more than enough.
Oh darling... walk a while with me

Ooh, youve got so much...

Many times I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times Ive gazed
Along the open road.

Many times Ive lied
Many times Ive listened
Many times Ive wondered
How much there is to know.

Many dreams come true
And some have silver linings
I live for my dream
And a pocketful of gold.

Mellow is the man
Who knows what hes been missing
Many many men
Cant see the open road.

Many is a word
That only leaves you guessing
Guessing bout a thing
You really ought to know, ooh!
You really ought to know
I really ought to know!
Oooh, you know I should, you know I should, you know I should...

No comments: