Saturday, January 05, 2008

Scribbling a lovely dream

The day just passed by and I saw a disturbing movie. Also some of the time was filled up by 'Love...Love will tear us apart...again' -boy, I just can't get over it.

1. Scribbling

There is lot of time - not much to do and I find myself scribbling (digital scribbling) on someone's difficult childhood. It is not even close to be called a substantial start - but a start never the less :-)

2. And Love ...Love will tear up apart ...again

This song has just captured a part of my brain. Don't think it will get out any time soon.

3. Requiem for a dream

'A Kick ass movie' - that's what I was told. IMDB quote 'brutally honest'. I think I will go with IMDB. I didn't like the movie all that much. Not because it was disturbing or anything - I am ok with such movies. Some part of me did enjoy watching 'Saw', a few years back. I felt as if it was an reference video on aftermath of drug abuse. No mystery or even a decent storyline. But, never the less- I wanted to watch the movie for a long time and it did help me pass my time in the evening.

4. I Hear You Knocking

And finally we have some blues... where it all started... a very popular rhythm and blues tune originally written by Dave Batholomew in 1955. But, it reached to #4 in Billboard charts when Dave Edmunds sung it in 1971. So many generations of blues tunes have been inspired by this song. A lot of many artists have sung it- even Bryan Adams and Bruce Springsteen have (not that I like them particularly - but mostly people will recognize these names).

Here it goes -



YouTube Video

You went away and left long time ago
Now your knocking on my door
I hear you knocking
But you can't come in
I hear you knocking
Go back where you been

I begged you not to go but you said goodbye
Now your telling me all your lies
I hear you knocking
But you can't come in
I hear you knocking
Go back where you been

You better get back to your used to be
'Cause your kind of love ain't good for me
I hear you knocking
But you can't come in
I hear you knocking
Go back where you been

I told you way back in '52
That I would never go with you
I hear you knocking
But you can't come in
I hear you knocking
Go back where you been

No comments: