Monday, December 11, 2006

Together, lost & found and siesta...

Ok, I've been a little lax in posting for the last 3 days, but that's only because I've been really really busy. Have been attending the Sawai Gandharva Music Festival for the past 4 days, and its taken up most of my time. The experience has been amazing, it has been a musical feast that has lasted for 4 days and I've had an awesome time. My entire 3BT blog can be filled up with moments at the fest, but I'm going to refrain from doing that! Lets look at more mudane, non-musical things... am not really in the mood for a flashback, so I guess I'll just write about sunday, but the past 4 days have been literally brimming with moments worth remembering... here goes!

  1. Calling up mom and dad when Ustad Amjad Ali Khan's Sarod recital is going on, so that they can hear it too... and they both do, and are very happy... mom says, 'it sounds so good, and I feel like I'm there with you' :-)
  2. An old friend resurfaces on saturday, and accompanies us to the fest. It feels good to have him back among us, even though he helps the others pull my leg, and I throw a little tantrum later on because they've vexed me too much...
  3. Siesta... after lunch, I'm reading the newspaper, propped up in bed, and my neck seems unable to hold up my head, and my eyes seem unable to stay open... I slide down further into the bed and am fast asleep before I know it... there's something very nice about naps on sunday afternoons in the winter, especially if you sleep by the window and can feel the reflected warmth of the sun on the window panes...

No comments: